Why do some matches work magically and how can you tweak food preparation to enhance the overall marriage between a dish and the wine served with it? For today's chef, understanding flavor means food and wine flavors as well as how the flavors of each of these natural partners change the other. In this course for chefs and anyone else with professional kitchen experience, you'll delve deeply into wine and food compatibilities. Through cooking and wine-tasting sessions, you will:
Chef's uniforms and knives are necessary for this hands-on course.
Profit from our Wine Expertise...
- Analyze wine flavor and evaluate that flavor for its compatibility with a variety of foods.
- Compare the effect various cooking techniques have on the subsequent success of a wine and food match.
- Participate in wine and food pairings, while focusing on the specific elements of interaction between the two.
- Study the flavor dynamics of wine and cheese courses.
- Apply creative ways to improve menu and wine list compatibilities.
- Discuss how to design successful "winemaker dinners."
- Pair wine with Asian, Latin, and Mediterranean flavors, as well as with vegetarian dishes.