Improve the appearance and taste of the food you serve with innovative presentation. In this course, you will apply your previous garde manger knowledge and skills to create profitable and appetizing buffets. You will:
CIA professional development courses - Providing the Path for your Career Success
- Discuss flavor development, current food trends, and the flavor profiles of Asia, the Mediterranean, Latin America, and the United States.
- Review platter presentation principles, effective platter layouts, and techniques for enhancing food presentation.
- Apply buffet themes, action station skills, and profitable menu development.
- Practice garde manger techniques including curing and brining, hot and cold smoking, and forcemeat preparation.
- Prepare food items best suited for different buffet styles.