Diet and health concerns are critical issues for today's diners. Join our chef-instructor and staff nutritionist as they combine scientific research and traditional worldwide diets to offer healthful and flavorful menu options. You will:
CIA professional development courses - Providing the Path for your Career Success
- Identify common dietary elements of traditional Mediterranean, Latin American, and Asian countries.
- Prepare dishes from Mexico, the Caribbean, China, Japan, North Africa, Greece, Turkey, and the Middle East.
- Recognize the importance of a diet low in saturated fat and comprised mainly of plant-based foods.
- Discuss nutrition issues raised in the use of phytochemicals and antioxidants, fish and fish oils, salt, caffeine, and trans-fatty acids.
- Identify the probable health benefits of traditional ingredients: soy food, green tea, wine, and olive oil.