Why not gain a grain of knowledge while tasting and exploring a beverage dating back to ancient civilizations? In this specialized class, you will distinguish among the subtle differences of the world’s favorite malt beverage and analyze the essential qualities, styles, aromas, and flavors of individual beers. You will also:
- Study how water, grains, hops, and yeast can be manipulated to make what we call a beer.
- Compare different brewing techniques and identify subtle differences that make up the brewing process for different beer styles.
- Taste and discover a variety of beer types and styles.
- Hear about the amazing history of beers from around the world and in your own backyard.
- Evaluate factors that affect enjoyment of beer, including its style and quality, the environment, the glassware used, and the food eaten with it.
- Visit with artisan craft brewers, gaining insight into the care and detail required to consistently produce beers of the highest quality.