Featuring the fundamentals of baking and pastry, this three-day course is designed to meet the needs of culinary educators. Throughout the program, you will be introduced to baking theory and ingredient functions, as well as basic methods and techniques to bring back to your classroom.
You will also:
Take Two and Save!
- Discuss a variety of baking and pastry preparations, including creaming and foaming methods, custards, buttercream, and cake assembly.
- Prepare a selection of items in hands-on production exercises and critique your products through group evaluations.
- Attend a cooking demonstration conducted by one of the CIA’s renowned chef-instructors.
- Participate in academic lectures and discussions highlighting lessons in baking and pastry trends, nutrition, and culinary math.
- Network with other culinary educators to exchange ideas and share tips.
- Earn CEUs to add to your credentials.
Interested in culinary arts as well? Kick off your program on Monday with Culinary Arts: Professional Development for Educators.
The combined course is 30 hours with 3.0 CEUs granted. Students that enroll in both courses receive preferred pricing. Tuition for combined classes is $1,000 (a savings of $300!). This offer is only available by phone at 1-800-888-7850.