Looking to get a “taste” of our exciting Boot Camp programs? Our Hearth Breads Boot Camp
is sure to fit the bill.
Your day starts off at 7:45 a.m. with a hot breakfast buffet, and then it's on to a lecture to discuss the intricacies of Hearth Breads
. Following your lecture, you'll head into our professional kitchens for an intense, yet fun-filled interactive experience.
With today’s easily accessible ingredients and kitchen equipment, yeast breads are simpler to master than ever before. Join this one-day exploration of artisan bread making as we prepare a selection of world-renowned breads, including hearty German multi-grain and rye breads, crusty French baguettes, and chewy Italian ciabatta. From flour varieties and specialty ingredients to mixing methods and shaping techniques, you’ll learn everything you need to know to create your own perfectly baked hearth breads at home.
During Hearth Breads
hands-on production, you will:
- discuss essential ingredients and equipment for producing yeast-raised breads.
- learn the 12 steps of bread making and uncover the mysteries of pre-ferments and sours.
- prepare a variety of fresh-baked artisan breads using the techniques learned in class.
- plus much more…
The unforgettable day wraps up at 4:00 p.m. following a plate and presentation review, and an additional lecture of your choice. Along with a handful of goodies that you'll receive as a Boot Camp
participant, it's the perfect ending to a remarkable day.
Lecture topics -
- Food Affinities - Good on their own, but better together - some foods are just meant for each other. Join us as we learn the ins and outs of successful food pairings. (September 6, October 11, November 8)
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Tasting - Pungent and smooth, acidic and sweet - come learn the varying flavors and intensities that balsamic vinegar and olive oil have to offer. (September 20, September 27, November 15)
- Physiology of Taste - Are you a supertaster? Find out in this lecture where together we'll explore the physiological aspects of taste and the complexities of flavor. (September 20, September 27, December 6)
- Plating Techniques - From flow to focal point, learn the rules of plating and an assortment of eye-catching techniques for enhancing your food presentations. (September 6, October 11, December 13)
- Cheese - Fresh and aged, mild and pungent, soft and hard – cheeses run the gamut in flavors and textures. Join us as we explore the ins and outs of cheeses, from varieties to production to service. (September 6, November 8, December 13)
- Chocolate - Whether it’s white, milk, or dark, there’s no denying the pleasures of chocolate. Eaten on its own or as a component of a recipe, chocolate has tremendous appeal and versatility. Come learn about this long-standing favorite. (September 20, November 15, December 6)
- Herbs, Nuts, and Spices - Variety is the spice of life. Learn the flavor characteristics of herbs, nuts, and spices and their infinite applications during this lecture and tasting. (September 27, November 15, December 6)
- Knife Cuts - Chefs agree that the first step to culinary mastery is precise knife cuts. In this demonstration, you’ll learn how to slice and dice to improve your recipes and you efficiency in the kitchen. (October 11, November 8, December 13)